Definitely Maybe

First things first, I want to do a little rant about the word 'definite'. Why in the name of all things holy, unholy and swiss cheese does half the world's population seemingly not understand how to spell this word?!!? Everywhere I go on the internet I see people spelling it the retarded 'definate' way. WHY?! Surely it's not that hard to see that spelling it like that is wrong? What's annoying is that everyone and their extended family spells it like that. It tends to be more common with American speakers (figures...) but the Brits aren't exempt. I could probably forgive someone from Outer Mongolia spelling it wrong, but someone who's spoken English all their lives? Never. I really cannot stand it when I see this spelling error. It's such an easy word to remember so why can't people do it? Listen up all you simpletons, it's not big and it's most DEFINITELY not clever to spell it wrong, so don't do it! Get a frigging dictionary.

Now that that little issue has been taken care of, I can get onto the main news. I completed the initial upgrade of my mountain bike a couple of days ago. I received the new tires I'd ordered in the post on Wednesday (incredible considering I had only ordered them on Tuesday) and put them on. Unfortunately I'd forgotten how crappy my inner tubes were. Looks like I'll have to get some new ones later but for now they'll have to do. I took it out for a short ride around the town on Thursday morning to make sure everything was working OK. Changing from 1.95/2.1 inch front/rear tyre to 1.8/1.8 inch doesn't seem to have affected handling much. I can't really say for certain until until I get out onto some single track. Hopefully that won't be too long.

Finished watching 'Attack No.1' earlier. It was a great final episode. The evil, demon coach turns out to have a soul after all and Kozue manages to overcome her injury and make it onto the first team of the national squad. It made for a very nice 'feel good' ending to the series. A series which has surprised me a lot. Initially you would be forgiven for thinking this was another sports drama which followed a predictable episode structure. However, when the Fujimi volleyball team ending up losing at the finals with 5 episodes to go you knew it would be different. There were many surprised throughout the series and it made for entertaining viewing. Aya's performance in the role of Kozue really impressed me. More so than her similar role in 'Ace Wo Nerae'. Definitely a drama worth watching, even if you don't really like volleyball.

Posted byHocchan at 8:03 pm  

0 comments:

Post a Comment