Funky Monkey

Important breaking news! I've just received a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions. In the letter it reads,

"Thank you for attending the Interview for the above post. We are pleased to be able to offer you a place on our waiting list for Administrative Assistant".

I guess this means I got the job? It's a shame it doesn't offer me a position straight away but this is still good news. They say that whilst on the waiting list they'll hope to offer me a post within one year of the date of the letter. I really hope that they do. It'd be a bit disastrous if they didn't say anything for a whole year /laugh.

I couldn't quite believe it when I first read the letter. I woke up to find a brown envelope on my bedside table. I had a feeling it would be from the DWP since they always use brown envelopes. One thing worried me though. It was king of on the thin side... like there wasn't much to say. I turned it over and saw the return address. It was from the DWP as I'd thought. I nervously tore it open and plucked out the two sheets of A4 paper. Expecting the worst I began reading what was printed. Thankfully I didn't need to go jump off a cliff as I realised it was good news.

One thing's for certain, I must have done pretty well on the interview if they haven't sent me a rejection letter. So for that I'm really happy. And who knows, who's to say that I won't get another letter next week asking me to start in April or whatever? Frankly I can't wait. Even though I'm just on the waiting list, this has made my day.

Posted byHocchan at 10:59 am  

4 comments:

Anonymous said... 5:40 pm GMT  

Congratulations! That sounds very promising. I would also hope they would contact you before a year. I find it funny that they put people on a "waiting" list. You'd think they would just offer you the job instead of making you all ansty. I'm sure they'll offer you one soon. They'd be dolts not to! BANZAI!

Hocchan said... 6:41 pm GMT  

My friend's friend had to wait a few months before she got accepted for a position. That was for the same place I applied for. I'm not sure but I think it took a few months.

This waiting list thing has presented me with a new dilemma. What should I do until they give me a position (or if they do)? Should I look for some temporary work? Maybe do some training? It would be a lot easier if I had some sort of time frame to work with. This waiting list is a big vague.

Anonymous said... 9:57 pm GMT  

That's why I thought it was odd. What if you want to look for another job? If you're wait-listed and they don't make an offer, that's a year that you're sitting there waiting. I bet they send those out to give them time to do paperwork or whatever. So, by summer time, you'll have a job. Will this interfere with your trip to Japan?

Hocchan said... 10:38 pm GMT  

Not unless they don't offer me a job until very late. I need a little bit of time to save up money for the trip. I was planning on around autumn time. I'll fly out on New Year's Eve if I have to, 2007 must be achieved!

Post a Comment